The following promotion is intended for participants in the United States only, and will be governed by United States laws. Do not proceed in this promotion if you are not eligible or not currently located in the United States. Further eligibility restrictions are contained in the official rules below.
WTDY-FM Local Beats with Bennett Label Showcase Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE ENTRANT’S CHANCE OF WINNING.
- HOW TO ENTER
- These rules govern WTDY-FM Local Beats with Bennett Label Showcase Contest (the “Promotion”) being conducted by WTDY-FM (the “Station”) beginning on Saturday, April 1, 2017 and ending on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”).
- To enter the Promotion entrant may enter online beginning on Saturday, April 1, 2017 at 8:00 AM Eastern Time (“ET”) and ending on Sunday, April 30, 2017 at approximately 11:59 PM ET (the “Entry Period”).
- Entrant must have the right to enter the Video Submission. The Video Submissions may not defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s personal or proprietary rights including but not limited to copyrights or trademarks. Entrant must be in the entry video. Any Video Submission or other content submitted (“Content”) must be the original work of entrant, and any elements appearing in the Content, including, without limitation, photographs, comments, art or any other materials, must be entrant’s own original work, created by entrant, or be in the public domain. Further, by participating in the Promotion, entrant grants to the Station a perpetual, royalty-free license to use and publish the Content in connection with the Promotion and for marketing and promotional purposes in any media now existing or hereafter created without any notification, opportunity to review, right of approval, or additional consideration whatsoever. Unless otherwise specified, any material, text or otherwise, included as part of the Content must be in the English language, and no personal information, including but not limited to name, image, or likeness of any person other than the entrant, or those from whom the entrant has obtained permission (or from their parents/guardians if individuals are minors), is to be included or referred to in the Content. As determined by the Station in its sole discretion, Content must not include, depict, reference or promote any indecent or inappropriate subjects or include obscenities, profanity, offensiveness, materially dangerous activities or violence, sexual explicitness, drug use, commercial products or services of third parties, material that is defamatory, disparaging, misrepresentative, discriminatory, false or misleading, or otherwise unlawful, or any material that infringes on another’s rights. The Station reserves the right to disqualify any entry that includes Content that it deems, in its sole discretion, to be indecent or inappropriate, unsuitable for public display, broadcast, or posting on any Station-administered website (i.e., entries must be radio clean), otherwise in violation of these guidelines or which communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Station and its sponsor(s) wish to associate. Entries that do not comply with these guidelines may not be eligible.
- Entrant, if a solo act, as well as any band members, if applicable, must submit a release at the time of entry. Any entrant or band who has not submitted a Release will be disqualified. Entrant(s) further understands that the use and exploitation of the Website link may subject him/her to risk of notoriety, publicity, ridicule, scorn and/or indignity.
- Neither the entrant, nor any member of any band, if applicable, may be signed to a fully executed major record label contract that guarantees the release of one or more albums/CDs. If the right of the Entrant to submit the video or the right of the Station to link to the website containing the video is contested by a third party claiming infringement of their rights, Station reserves the right to remove the link from its site and disqualify the Entrant from further participation in the Contest.
- There will be up to twelve (12) Finalists and one (1) grand prize winner selected in the Promotion. The grand prize winning singer/band must be able to attend the final event on a date TBD in June 2017 taking place at a TBD location in the Philadelphia area to perform for representative(s) from the Sony Red Label Group (“Final Event”).
- ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS (Applies to each member of the band)
- The Promotion is open to all persons who are legal U.S. residents 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who reside in one of the following counties: Philadelphia, Montgomery, Delaware, Chester, Bucks, Berks (Pennsylvania); Camden, Burlington, Gloucester, Mercer, Salem, Atlantic, Cumberland (New Jersey); or New Castle (Delaware). Void everywhere else and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees, officers, directors, and agents of the Station, CBS Radio Inc., each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates, the Station’s advertising and promotion agencies, and participating sponsors or prize suppliers (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”) and other radio stations in the Station’s market, the members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, and siblings, regardless of where they reside) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to enter or win. This Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By participating, entrant agrees to comply with these Official Rules and the decisions of the Station, which are final and binding in all respects, and entrant agrees to waive any right to claim ambiguity in the Promotion or Official Rules, except where prohibited by law.
- Persons are eligible to win a prize in a Promotion conducted by the Station only once every twenty four (24) hours and only once every six (6) months if the prize is valued over $600. Only one (1) winner per household is permitted in any Station-conducted promotion.
- The winner(s) may be required to present valid government-issued photo identification and must provide winner’s complete address, date of birth and phone number to claim a prize(s).
- Entrants are required to provide truthful information and the Station will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. The Station will disqualify any entrant who does not meet the eligibility requirements and will also delete any entry as required by law.
- One (1) Prize: The Prize consists of an opportunity to perform in front of representatives of Sony Records for a chance at signing a record deal. The Prize shall have no cash or other value.
- No more than the stated number of prizes specified in these official rules will be awarded.
- Prize(s) is not transferable, and no substitution, assignment or cash equivalent of prize(s) is permitted, except by the Station (solely at its discretion), which reserves the right to substitute a prize or prize portion with another prize or prize portion of greater or equal value. The prize(s) are expressly limited to the item(s) listed above and unless otherwise expressly specified, do not include taxes, gratuities or any other expenses. Promotion Entities are not responsible for winners’ limitations that prevent acceptance or use of prize(s). The Prize(s) is provided as is. Entrants acknowledge that the Promotion Entities have not made, and are not in any manner responsible or liable for, any warranties, representations or guarantees, and hereby disclaim any and all warranties, expressed or implied, whether by contract or law, concerning any prize, including without limitation, implied warranties of quality, merchantability, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose, with the exception of any standard manufacturer’s warranty that may apply. Other restrictions may apply.
- WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Decisions of the Station management with respect to the Promotion are final.
- At the conclusion of the Entry Period, a panel made up of Station personnel will review each valid Video Submission and select in its sole discretion up to twelve (12) best singers/bands based on the following criteria: creativity, overall appeal and entertainment value of the performance. Each selected band or solo act shall be deemed a “Semi-Finalist”.
- Beginning at 11:00 AM ET on May 1, 2017, the Station will feature all twelve (12) Finalists online at todays965.com/localbeats with a poll open for public voting to help select which artist will get their own label showcase. Members of the public may vote for their choice of the most promising Semi-Finalist singer/band on todays965.com/localbeats website beginning on Monday, May 1, 2017 at 11:00 AM ET and ending on Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM ET (“Voting Period”). Voters can vote as many times as they want per day. Voting will be weighted 40% and the judging committee’s score will be weighted 60% to calculate a combine score.
- At the conclusion of the Voting Period, the twelve (12) Entry Submissions with the highest aggregate scores shall be deemed the Finalist. Potential Finalists shall be notified by the Station Promotions Department by telephone. The Finalists will be invited to compete in the judging event (“Final Event,”) which shall be held on a Saturday afternoon in June 2017 on a date TBD and announced in advance. The Final Event shall be held at a location TBD in the Philadelphia area. Entrants do not need to listen to the Station to enter but must be present at the Final Event to win.
- At the Final Event, all Finalists must register prior to the Final Event’s start time. All timely registered Finalists will be asked to perform a showcase of their original songs before a panel of Station-selected judges and representatives of the Sony Red Label Group. Judging shall be based on the following criteria: creativity, overall appeal and entertainment value of the performance as solely determined by the judges. At the conclusion of the Final Event one (1) Prize winning solo performer or band shall be selected to perform before representatives of the Sony Red Label Group.
- Prize(s) will be awarded only upon confirmation of eligibility and completion of all requisite releases. The winner must execute and return any required affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within thirty (30) days of winning or prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will not be selected. If a winner has not reached the age of majority in his/her state of residence (19 years or older if a resident of Alabama or Nebraska, 21 years or older if a resident of Mississippi and 18 years or older in other states), the prize(s) will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian. If a potential winner(s) is deemed ineligible for any reason, cannot be contacted, fails to sign and return the required fully-executed affidavit of eligibility and/or liability/publicity release within the required time period, or if a prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner forfeits the prize(s). The Promotion Entities are not responsible for any changes in an entrant or winner’s email address, phone number, mailing address or other contact information.
- Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner(s). The winner(s) may be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) and will be required to complete and submit an IRS Form W-9 with the winner’s full Social Security Number or the equivalent for receipt of any prize(s) valued at $600 or more or for any prizes awarded by the Station (or any other CBS Radio station in Station’s market) in a calendar year with an aggregate value of $600 or more. Failure to submit a complete W-9 or equivalent will result in forfeiture of the prize(s). Such winnings of $600 or more will be reported to the IRS.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) permission for the Station or its designees to interview the winner(s) (or guest(s), if applicable), to photograph, film and record each winner (or guest, if applicable), and to use in commerce, advertising and in any media, now or hereafter known, throughout the world, in perpetuity, his/her name, prize(s) won, hometown (city and state), biographic information, likeness, photograph, voice, audio or video recording and/or any statements made by him/her regarding the Station, the Promotion and/or its sponsor(s) for purposes of trade, publicity or promotion without notice or additional compensation, notification or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner (and guest, if applicable) agrees to sign a publicity release confirming such consent prior to acceptance of the prize, except where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the Promotion and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s (and guest’s, if applicable) agreement to release, discharge, and hold harmless the Promotion Entities and their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from any prize(s) awarded and participation in the Promotion, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the Promotion, or delivery, possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of any prize or participation in any Promotion-related activity, including, but not limited to, any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
- If for any reason this Promotion cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Released Parties that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Promotion, or if the Promotion is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, the Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend and/or modify the Promotion. If the Promotion is terminated before the original end date, the Station reserves the right, in its sole discretion to, to modify the procedure for selecting winner(s), unless the nature of the event giving rise to such termination renders it impossible to select winner(s).
- The Released Parties are not responsible for (i) typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Promotion or in the announcement of a prize(s); (ii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information, human error, failure or omission; (iii) unauthorized human intervention; (iv) lost, stolen, mangled, misdirected, postage due, illegible, incomplete or late entries; (v) entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties, telephone or text message service outages, delays, busy signals, poor signals or signal interference, accidental disconnection or equipment malfunctions or any other technological problems or failures of any kind; or (vi) any cancellations, delays, diversions, substitutions or omissions whatsoever by any transportation providers or any other persons or entities providing any services to winner(s) (and guest(s), if applicable) including any results thereof such as changes in services or location necessitated by same. Further, the Released Parties are not responsible if any part of a Promotion prize cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, acts of terrorism or other factors beyond the Released Parties’ control.
- Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins or any other methods may void that entrant’s entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, promotion entry services or proxies) will void all entries by that entrant at the Station’s discretion. The Station’s or its Promotion administrator’s computer or telephone system is the official time keeping device for this Promotion. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person who (i) is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address or (ii) is assigned to the text or mobile telephone number by a telecommunications provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning such numbers. The Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who it believes is tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion. Failure to comply with the rules of the Promotion may result in an entrant’s disqualification and/or forfeiture of any prize or prizes. If the Station makes a good faith determination that an entrant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Promotion, the Station may disqualify that entrant from entering and/or winning this and any or all future Station-administered Promotions and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- The Station reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification or equitable purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Promotion, including, without limitation, the substitution of a prize(s) of equivalent value, which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of the Promotion Entities, any competition or prize-related event or travel is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, the Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify the Promotion and shall not be required to award a substitute prize(s). If any provision of these Official Rules is irrevocably inconsistent with any provision set forth on the Contest webpage, then the provision of these Official Rules will prevail but solely to the extent of the inconsistency.
- Except where prohibited, by entering the Promotion, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize(s) awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in New York, NY; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event shall such costs include attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including, without limitation, lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have any damages awarded multiplied or increased. New York law governs the interpretation and construction of these Official Rules and all aspects related thereto.
- For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt by the first business day following the end of the Promotion Dates to “Local Beats with Bennett Label Showcase Contest” – Official Rules,” Attn: Promotions 555 East City Ave Suite 330 Bala Cynwyd PA 19004. For the names of the prize winner(s) send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) for receipt within 60 days following the end of the Promotion Dates to the above address marked “Local Beats with Bennett Label Showcase Contest” – Winner List.” The Official Rules and the Winner List (when completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of the Station and online at http://www.965ampradio.com.
Station and Administrator: 965 WTDY, 555 E City Ave, STE 330, Philadelphia PA 19004.